Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Get started quickly with EndNote in 4 easy steps (please read through the 4 steps and notes carefully - that will save you time):
Other Important Notes
- EndNote libraries should be kept on your computer's hard drive, not network or cloud drives. Storing your EndNote library on a network or cloud drive can result in EndNote library corruption.
- You can create a free EndNote.com account to synchronize your citations to the Web and across multiple computers and to share your EndNote library with other selected EndNote users. When you create an EndNote.com account, you can use your UT Southwestern email address or another email address.
- Use EndNote's Manuscript Matcher at EndNote.com to get suggestions about the top candidates for manuscript submission. Just choose the publications you want, and start the process for submitting your work to the most credible, high-quality journals that match your topic and references.
- You can contact EndNote technical support at 800-336-4474, option 4, to answer difficult questions. EndNote support is excellent and the wait times are usually brief. You might also try their support page.
- You can contact LibEndNote@utsouthwestern.edu to get EndNote support or use our online form to get personal or group training from your Digital Library and Learning Center.
- Click on the FAQ button on the Library home page to see answers to commonly asked EndNote questions.
- See also Exporting Citations from Ovid and Adding PubMed Citations to EndNote.
- EndNote Click is a free browser plugin that finds the best available PDF of an academic article while you browse. Behind the scenes, EndNote Click will search open databases and (where possible) your university's subscriptions to find the best version of the paper for you. See the Full-Text Tools library guide.
- The EndNote site license is purchased annually by the UT Southwestern Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences to enhance the training environment of graduate students and post-doctoral researchers. This license permits use by UT Southwestern Medical Center and University Hospital affiliates at no extra charge.