Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Coverage: 1946 to present
PubMed is a free resource that is developed and maintained by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), at the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM), located at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
PubMed citations come from:
- MEDLINE indexed journals
- Journals or manuscripts deposited in PMC (PubMedCentral)
- NCBI Bookshelf
Basic Search Tips
- For author searches, enter the name using either the "lastname initials" format (e.g., "smith ja").
- Do not include punctuation.
- Identify the appropriate MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) terms for your topic or research question before conducting an advanced search.
- Use your search history to combine searches using a Boolean operator (AND, OR, or NOT).
The Clinical Queries search interface finds citations in the areas of:
- Clinical Study Categories: citations corresponding to a specific clinical study category
- Systematic Reviews: systematic reviews, meta-analyses, reviews of clinical trials, evidence-based medicine, consensus development conferences, and guidelines
- Medical Genetics: citations related to various topics in medical genetics